Saturday, April 4, 2009

Disneyland Vacation 2009

Our first day in California we went to Huntington Beach. We just had to see the ocean since we came this far. It was a bit cold for Ron and I, but the kids loved it and didn't want to leave!
Yeah! We're finally at DISNEYLAND!!!
I just loved this sign I saw, "Where happily ever after happens every day!" Of course, this was in the area where all the princesses were.
Next up, JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY:
Alright, who wants to be a Jedi?
Me! Me! Oh, pick Me!
Darth Maul doesn't stand a chance against Jordan the Jedi!
Tyler and Jordan's highlight of the day... They both got picked out of the audience to train to be Jedi's!
Judge me by my size, do you?
TOON TOWN pics:
Not even a cage can keep these kids contained!
This picture of us standing in line for our favorite ride at Disneyland...Space Mountain! That is, everyone's except Courtney. As you can tell from the picture, she was terrified of it! But she was tall enough to ride so we made her go on it with us. I know that's mean but it was a long line, and we didn't want to just sit outside and wait. Plus, it was so much fun! It' s an indoor roller coaster that you ride in pitch blackness, except for the stars. I think this one might be my favorite ride. 
Don't worry about Courtney. After about the fifth time riding it, she liked it and was laughing and loving it. I swear we rode that ride at least ten times it was so much fun!

Day #2, CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE 
Our favorite ride was California Screamin'. That is such a fun roller coaster. So fast and so smooth! We also loved Soarin' over California. Actually, we loved it all. I can't just name two!
The pictures of the big letters:
The Big Letter C stands for Cute Courtney
The Big Letter A stands for Awesome Austin
And the Big Letter A stands for Anderton :)
We watched the coolest parade ever! It was the Disney Pixar Parade. My kids are huge fans of all the Pixar movies, so they absolutely loved it.    It was so bright and colorful. It had lots of dancing and fun music too. VERY ENTERTAINING! I know I don't look like I'm having much fun in the picture, but I am. I was just getting tired of my husband taking my picture so often! Enough already!
The boys were fascinated by these guys in the parade with spring type contraptions strapped to their feet. They could jump 10ft. in the air on those things!
It was an awesome parade! We LOVED it!!!
After two days at Disneyland and California Adventure, we took a break and relaxed at the hotel and swam in the pool, soaked in the hot tub and rested our weary feet. Then in the evening we went to Downtown Disney and ate dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe. My kids have been wanting to eat there ever since they saw the movie, Paul Blart, Mall Cop. It was cool, but I thought the Mayan in Sandy, UT is similar and was more entertaining. The food is about the same. Anyway, after dinner we headed out for some Disney shopping.
The boys were so excited to go into the Lego store. They were entertained for quite some time!
They were all impressed with a huge life-size Lego Darth Vader.
My boys were in heaven at this store. They especially liked this huge giraffe made of all Lego's. I couldn't even fit it all in one picture!
We had the kids save their money for months before we went, so they could buy their own souvenirs. Tyler and Jordan chose to each Build a Bear. Jordan made a Bat Bear riding a Harley, and Tyler's is a Boy Scout Bear, complete with Tyler's own voice recording saying the boy scout promise. The troop number he chose to put on his shirt is the same year he was born, 1997. 
They got to name their bears and make them a birth certificate.

Courtney was in the corner, sulking because she didn't get to build a bear. She already spent her money on a Belle dress and other Princess stuff. It's just not fair!
They got to give their bears an air bath to brush off all the fuzz before dressing them.
Then we were off to see the famous, and much anticipated, Sleeping Beauty's Castle!
The boys' favorite part of Sleeping Beauty's Castle...the Knight, guarding it!
Courtney's favorite way to get around Disneyland was on her dads' shoulders.

The Imagination Building was Tyler's favorite. He could have spent his whole day in just there! It was his favorite attraction.
Courtney's favorite ride...the PINK Teacups! I had to pass on that one. That ride makes me sick!!!
On our last day at Disneyland we ate dinner with the princesses. This counted as Courtney's Birthday Dinner with the family, since we usually take our family out on birthdays, but we didn't on hers this year because we were saving it for our Disneyland trip to take her to Ariel's Grotto, an interactive character experience. It was so much fun! She totally LOVED it!!!
About every ten minutes or so, the Grand Dukes would blow their horns and announce a Princess was entering the room. Courtney would just about get whip-lash each time they did, she was so excited to see the princesses! They visited each table and signed autographs and took pictures. This of course, was Courtney's favorite part.

Courtney told me that Dad said, Princess Jasmine is a Hottie. What?!
Belle told Courtney that she was so lucky to be having dinner with three handsome Prince's. Courtney laughed and said, "They're just my brothers!"
Courtney and her brothers all laughed every time Snow White spoke to them, because she had a squeaky little voice and sounded like a little mouse.
Courtney was most excited to see her favorite princess, Cinderella. When she came up to visit her at our table, she asked Courtney if she had gotten in her closet this morning since she was wearing the same dress as her. Courtney quickly shook her head no, and then Cinderella said, "We must have the same Fairy Godmother then!" Haha
 Courtney wasn't too happy that when Sleeping Beauty signed her autograph book, she signed it "Princess Aurora", instead of Sleeping Beauty. Haha
Our last day at Disneyland we stayed late in the park for the firework show. It was so awesome! You can't really see that good in the picture, but they even had Tinkerbell fly above the castle! She was a real person on some type of zip-line. It was so cool! 
The fireworks were so good. They took you on a tour of some of the most popular rides in the park and coordinated them with the fireworks, music and the colors of the castle. My boys (including Ron) favorite part was "Star Tours".       The castle turned blue and had white dots shining all over it for stars. Then green laser type lights shot out of the tips of the castle like light sabers.
 I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, and I thought it was so cool! 
We were so sad for our vacation to come to an end. But it was a great way to end the night!
On our long drive back home, we stopped in St. George and had dinner with my brother, Jeremy and his family. I was trying to remember the last time I saw him. I can't even remember! It has been so long. At least two years or more. It was great to see him. We ate at a fun place called Pirate Island Pizza. The kids loved it. The kid's menu was printed on their pirate hats, and the waiters all looked like Captain Jack Sparrow. It was a cool atmosphere and really fun. We had such a great vacation! 





Our only complaint is that IT WASN'T LONG ENOUGH!!! Now it's back to reality and back to work. ugh!

3 comments:

The Wies Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! We just went to Disneyland last October and it was so much fun. I want to go again really bad, but won't be able to until I have the new baby and he/she is at least a year old (preferably older). Anyway, I love the pictures...especially all of the princess ones. Your daughter is so cute. I bet she had a so much fun meeting all the princesses.

Adam and Laurin said...

Oh my gosh, that made me want to book a trip to disneyland today!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun. I think Maycie would just die if she knew there was a restaurant with all of the princesses.

Tina said...

How fun! Lucky that your boys got to be Jedi's :)
I bet Ron was jealous :)
I can't wait til we can take our boys. I am pretty sure the only ride Q can't go on is Indiana Jones, but give him a year :)
I love Disneyland.