Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28th 1995

14 years and 4 kids ago, Ron and I were married in the Salt Lake temple. We were set up on a blind date on April 28th 1994. So when we were deciding on our wedding date, I was leaning towards June and Ron wanted April 28th because it was the day we met. I thought that was sweet that he remembered the date when it was a blind date even, so we went with that. Although it did cause a little conflict because it was the day we were both to graduate from Ricks College. We both talked with our professors and got it arranged and just got our diplomas in the mail and headed to the temple that day instead of graduation ceremony. The weekend before we were married I went through the temple for myself. It was pouring down rain and all the brides and grooms were standing inside the lobby of the temple, looking out the window with their photographers, just waiting for a break in the clouds. I felt so bad for them and hoped my wedding wouldn't be rainy.
Sure enough on our wedding day we were blessed with beautiful weather. It was absolutely gorgeous and the flowers were so vibrant in color. It was incredible. It was a perfect day!
I still remember my mouth hurt by the end of the day from smiling so much. I had never felt so happy in all my life!
I love being married and love my husband so much. I have always felt so loved by him too. He truly is my best friend. In fact our wedding song was "You're my best friend" by Michael Webb. I wanted to play it with this post but couldn't find it. But the one playing is fitting too.
Happy Anniversary, Honey! I'll love you forever and always.

6 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Happy Anniversary. I loved looking at all the photos. Ron has changed more than you have.

JulieJ said...

I'm surprised how many April anniversaries there are. I guess I shouldn't be with the break in school. Congrats!

Adam and Laurin said...

Congrats!! 14 years that is great. For some reason when I think of you guys you don't seem old enough to be married for that long. I love the dress those sleeves are AWESOME!!!

Tina said...

I love looking at pictures :)
Congrats on years. :)

Wammack Family said...

Congrats on your anniversary! You guys looks so cute. Your boys look so much like Ron in those pictures.

Alicia said...

I remember going to your reception. You guys look like kids in the pictures. Isn't it funny to look back and see how young we looked in our wedding pictures. You still look young of course!! Joseph and I celebrate our 10th this year.