Sunday, August 28, 2011

My boys have a thing for Superheros!




This is our 1995 Saturn. This is the only old picture I could find of it. It is gold and the whole driver side of the front fender is missing paint so it is now black . We bought this car for $1000 when Ron was having to travel a lot for work. We bought it thinking we would let the boys drive it when they were old enough. Tyler does start Drivers Ed this year! In Idaho you can get your license when you are 15!  In the mean time, Ron has put a ton of miles on it and it gets great gas mileage. It has been a good car with no problems. The only thing we have done to it is replace the tires. I thought it was funny that when our kids first rode in the car, they couldn't figure out how to roll down the window! I couldn't believe it! They sure know how to make me feel old! No power windows. They had never seen that before! They also get really annoyed that when the doors are locked, I unlock my door with the key first and then individually unlock each of the other doors one at a time. They think it takes for. ev. er! So impatient...sheesh!  They are used to the push of a button for everything! They think this car is ancient and DO NOT like riding in it! More than one of my boys have told me they have heard kids making fun of it when I have drove it to pick them up! Come on, it's NOT that bad!  Oh, and also there is no power steering or cruise control. The blinkers stay on after you turn unless you manually turn them off which sometimes I forget. Well, to say the least, the kids avoid riding in this car if at all possible! I admit it's not as comfortable or as nice as the Yukon but still, it's a decent car! Well within about a matter of a week this summer, the old Saturn went from drool to cool in their eyes! Ron and the boys gave the car a makeover in our garage. Now the tables have turned. I'm not sure if  I want to ride in it!
Behold The Green Lantern
Welcome to the Family
The boys now beg for me to drive the Saturn! It certainly attracts a lot of attention anywhere we go!
 I personally, have never seen a car this color in all my life! :/

No comments: