Saturday, August 20, 2011

Jordan is such a Stud!


 Jordan went with the scouts on a 50 mile hike the last week of July. They were gone for six days and I worried about him the. whole. time! First of all because he is so little. He only weighs 70lbs and he had to carry a pack on his back the whole time that weighed about 28lbs! And the fact that he was all alone, or at least with no one from our family. I seriously did not sleep well while he was gone. I said a ton of prayers in his behalf! It was a scary thing to let him go.
But when he got home, his scout leaders told me he did great! They said he was one of the best and hardly struggled at all! They told me he was towards the front of the group the whole time! That made me so happy and one proud momma! This is no easy hike and such a huge accomplishment that many will never do in their lifetime. When Ron & Tyler went two years ago I didn't worry much at all. I guess it was because they had each other. Ron said it was the most physically challenging thing he had ever done in his life! Tyler and Ron both really struggled. Neither one of them would do it again with Jordan.
So Jordan had to go it alone.

It was also a little disturbing that each of the boys were instructed to wear this netting over their heads at all times. They also had to have long sleeves and pants on the whole time. Jordan said the bugs were so thick he had to keep moving even while he was eating or they would eat him alive! He had tons of bites all over his face when he got home. They even bit through his shirt and he had bites all over his arms! His shirt looked new when he left and all ripped up and worn out when he got home. I should have taken after shots of him but I forgot. These pictures were all taken a couple days before he left on the hike. Man, I could never be a boy scout! Those boys sure are tough!

No comments: