Friday, August 19, 2011

Gettin' my craft on, ya'll!





I haven't done any fun projects in a long time, so I was so happy when I got the time to paint my pantry door. It went from white to black and I couldn't be more pleased with the way it turned out. I LOVE it! What really got my craft juices flowing was when I borrowed my friends Cricut. I needed it for a project I was doing for my MIL.  I'm helping decorate her basement. The Cricut was so much fun to use I couldn't stop at just that! I cut out all sorts of vinyl sayings and other fun stuff for future crafts. Notice the vinyl above the pantry door. That was my first cricut project I did for myself. But I didn't stop there...

I've been wanting to do something around my kids pictures for a while now. This is what I came up with. I really like how it turned out and it's a good reminder for me as their mother.

 After painting the pantry door, I finally got around to painting the front of the island black. I thought it was about time and I already had the black paint out anyway. The front of the island has been painted black for a couple years now, but I never did paint the drawer side. I wasn't sure I wanted to. Now that it is done, I'm so glad I did it! It really looks like a separate island now and I love it!
 I am seriously thinking about painting this door black next... Stay tuned :)




1 comment:

jallmon said...

I loved how all your projects look! I'm glad you decided to paint black it looks really good.