Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tyler's 14th Birthday

So it has been a while since my last post because my laptop decided to die on me. I have missed it so much! Not to mention, all my pictures that are saved on it. I hopefully will be able to get those but not anytime soon. So for now I am using our old computer that I downloaded the recent pictures that were still on my camera . Tyler's birthday was on May 21st. His day started out with breakfast in bed. He had his favorite, German pancakes and a smoothie. All of the pictures I took on his real birthday are on the other computer and non accessible right now. He decided to have his friend party a couple weeks after his real birthday because his best friend couldn't make it that day. So for fun on his birthday, he chose to go out to eat at his favorite Chinese Restaurant and then he and his brothers went to the theater and watched Thor. These are pictures from his friend party. Tyler is really into the video game Portal right now. In the game you have to complete certain tasks and when finished, you are promised cake. This cake to be exact. Tyler showed me a picture of what he wanted and printed out the recipe for me to make it. He was so excited and thought it was so cool that the cake looked just like in the video game. Well in the game, the cake is a lie. You never are really given cake when you've completed the task. After making this cake recipe that was a little involved, I'm beginning to think the recipe is a lie too! Either that, or I made it wrong. It was the heaviest, most dry and bland tasting cake I have ever tasted! Tyler and his friends thought it was funny though and very fitting. They kept saying "The cake really is a lie!" So I guess it was still a success.
I made each of the boys a little snack pack of popcorn, a drink and candy. Then Ron took the boys to the Drive In to watch the new Pirates of the Carribean movie. I think they all had fun. I still can't believe my baby is fourteen! Tyler is growing up so fast and is such a good kid. I love him so much and am so thankful for all he does for our family.

No comments: