Thursday, April 28, 2011

The BEST weekend ever!

Okay, so maybe the title of this post is a bit of an exaggeration, but it sure was a dang good weekend at any rate. Ron and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary on Thursday, April 28th. We both took Thursday and Friday off of work and took a little romantic getaway to Salt Lake City. It was soooo fun, romantic and relaxing. I wish it didn't have to end! It was absolutely perfect and just what we needed. We stayed at this Bed & Breakfast called The Castle Creek Inn in Sandy. Every room was a medieval theme and had its own fireplace and jacuzzi with changing colored lights in it!
The weather was perfect! We sat out in the garden on a swing listening to the little waterfall while we waited for our pizza to cook in the kitchen. We thought about going out to dinner, but we were enjoying the castle so much we just stayed there. They brought it to our room and we just watched some TV while we ate it.
Then we got ready to go to the play at the Hale Center Theatre in West Valley.
If you have never been to this theater, I highly recommend it. It is such a beautiful building and they do a fantastic job! We saw "The Hasty Heart" It is set back in world war II and the entire play takes place in an British Army Hospital. It is a drama but had a lot of comedy in it too. I loved it! It made me both laugh and cry. I love stories that make me feel all different emotions through out it. It was great. We slept in the next morning and then enjoyed a gourmet breakfast in the dining hall of the castle, and then went to the Salt Lake Temple. We did a session and sealings. I absolutely LOVED doing the sealings that day. It was us and one other married couple who's anniversary was that weekend too but they had been married 30 years. They had brought their own family names to do and we helped them with them. There was also a single older lady and a young single recently returned missionary. The first sealing we did, the other married couple were acting in proxy for the husband and wife, they asked me to stand proxy for the daughter. I can't tell you how sweet of an experience that was for me. As soon as I knelt down at the alter and put my hand on top of the parents hands, I felt an outpouring of love and happiness. Looking down at my own hand, I felt like I was looking at my little girl, Courtney's hand. I felt so happy for this family to be sealed together for time and all eternity. When we were done, all five of us at the alter, the parents and three children, had tears streaming down our faces. I have never had such a feeling like that before. All of these people were strangers to me. Ron wasn't even in on this sealing, the young RM was acting as the son. It was incredible! I know this family was extremely grateful for what we were doing for them. It was an awesome day at the temple.
And extra special because we were in the exact same place doing the exact same thing sixteen years ago.
The happiest day of my life! My mouth actually hurt from smiling so much that day!
I love the temple! This one especially will always hold a special place in my heart. After four and a half hours at the temple and all the emotions I felt there, when we left we realized how famished we were. So we went to the one restaurant you have to be seriously hungry to go to...
The Rodizio Brazilian Grill at Trolley Square. Ron especially loves this place because he served his mission in Brazil and loved to eat at these all you can eat meat places in Brazil. Plus he loves to practice his Portuguese on all the Brazilians who work there. It was fun to watch him and hear him talk about his mission and Brazil while we were there even though all you can eat meat is not my favorite place to eat. It was great fun. We headed home after a short visit in Kaysville to see his Grandma we haven't seen in a long time. I'm glad we did that. She sure has aged a great deal since I last saw her. She will turn 85 this summer and I know there wont be many more opportunities to see her. It was a great end to the perfect, but short trip.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HONEY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds amazing! You guys are so cute now and then. I'm so glad you got to have that time together. The temple sounded like a sweet blessing. When Jeff and I have gone on getaways I find myself counting how many hours or days we have left, because it goes so fast and I don't want it to end.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Congratulations on 16 years! Do you look back at your wedding pictures and just think... man we didn't have a CLUE... good times. Good times. I'm glad you two got married. Happy Anniversary!